Saturday 28 June 2008

Piles of Goodness

My boots arrived today from Dublin, via Vancouver!  Thanks Kt Mac, I boot-scooted up a storm as soon as I opened them - they're awesome.
It was Lettuce Harvest Day today at the garden, and it has to be spelt with capitals because it was Major.
 We're going to whizz up a whole lot of rocket pesto because we're leaving on Sunday and there is a lot of lettuce - rocket, butter lettuce, iceberg lettuce, oak leaf lettuce, lolo rosa and one other unidentified lettuce.  
We might be able to chow through it all if we had rabbit genes, but we don't so I need to drop off the mother lode with my gardening buddy.  
And we bloomed some more flowers, aaw.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

I have garden envy. I love your little weed free patch! Well done mrs green fingers. And the boots going by Vancouver - there has to be a childrens story in that one. Love you. Hope your holidays a re amazingly wonderful. Love Trin

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

I'm not sure that I have green fingers, I think it's the man that looks after it all the other times that aren't Friday mornings. And I like the weeding part. I like getting my hands all dirty and getting all the weeds out, it's kinda therapeutic.

xx