Sunday 1 June 2008

A Weekend of Wonderful Discoveries

This weekend was one of those weekends that had endless possibilities and wonderful opportunities. It was our discovery weekend, a time to take adventures that may seem tame to some, but adventures all the same. What follows are a few of the discoveries that were made....a glimpse into our weekend.
Discovery 1

Bike rides early on a Saturday morning are wonderful. Around our pad is so flat and people don't emerge from their homes until way after 9am - so we had the streets and the park to ourselves.
Discovery 2

We discovered this grand old lady. I drooled over the possibilities....a home...a kitchen...a shop...a restaurant. It's sad that buildings are not given a chance to shine. This was beautiful, regal and enticing. I'm going to see how I can get in and have a good look at the place, without scaling the fences and getting nabbed for trespassing!
Discovery 3

Whales just aren't accommodating when it comes to wanting to catch a glimpse in your time frame! We looked and looked, no whales, lots of surfers and blue, blue water.
Discovery 4

Hang gliders look like they ride in a sleeping bag! This guy was taking pleasure in showing off to all those people who were whale watching with us. Even though I could never be this adventurous the feeling of flying with little more around you than a sleeping bag must be amazing.
Discovery 4

Peg pouches are the best thing for our pegs and Brenton looks ever so good with this around his waist hanging out the washing!
Discovery 5

My husband singing 'I love you Baby' at the top of his voice to me is a great wake up call!
Discovery 6

My husband jumping out of the shower and singing 'I love you baby' in his birthday suit is a total crack up - especially when he won't pose for photo's. (Linny's birthday is coming up!)
Discovery 7

God gives me something new to ponder ever week at church. This week it was how can I be a better shepherd to the sheep God has placed in my sphere of influence. (Ok, I didn't have a photo of a sheep and I thought that all you non Aussie living people may have forgotten what these little kanga's look like! It's called creative thinking or being broad minded or complete insanity!)
Discovery 8

Shopping trolleys look very lonely when they are abandoned and left on their own. This sad little specimen found its way to a street not far from us. We tried to be friendly and ask if it needed help. It just ignored us and continued to mope....fear of abandonment is too real I think.
Discovery 9

Camera Hijack again! This time with a dirty face and messy hair. She is a wild child!
Discovery 10

I miss my sisters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Trinny, I love your discoveries. It excites me that no matter where we are in the world it's always an adventure.

Andrew's editing the film for the 48 hour film project. Our genre was 'horror'. We couldn't believe it. Even had to make fake blood. We're trying to tie a bible verse in or something to redeem it!

Will reemerge when the weekend is over, less than 5 hours til hand-in time.

xx

Anonymous said...

soon I will be one of those blue blue surfers or was it blue blue ocean as it's warm there and you don't turn blue while surfing-Amen and bring it on!!! I will be in that ocean soon, just booked 1/2 my flight home so see you in newy on 16th Dec at 13:00!!! That's if I can get from to chennai! I got flight for $270 american (LIKE WOW!!!) kt headinjury mac xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Andrew has decided that we're going to rob a bank and see if we can buy the big old house that you put on here. We spied it on the way to filming the wedding dvd, isn't it beautiful? And then we'd be living in the same street as you!