Sunday 8 June 2008

Missings, Musings and Milestones


Today I am missing
1. My camera - it's on the blink again
2. My sisters - but they are coming to see me soon!
3. My tidy house - I have been cooking and sewing up a storm as well as having the Bonfire and our church plant launch, I have not been home!

Today I have been musing about
1. What it would be like to have to say to Brenton after sleeping in the same bed as him for 50 years that he has to move so that I can have dialysis. Not that this is a scenario for me - but after talking with Mr Youldon yesterday and hearing that that is his reality at the moment and seeing the tears - I wondered.
2. What are long weekends going to be like if Mum and Dad sell the Farm? How will we ever celebrate the Queen's Birthday? How will Connor and Kenzi learn about fire safety and not to let petrol anywhere near the fire?
3. Who the man was that I bought a babies bottle for today at the Supermarket because his 6 month old needed one and he didn't have any money. I like to think that he was genuine and tonight there is a sweet baby girl somewhere drinking out of the bottle that her Daddy took home. My faith in Man kind still dreams the wonderful dreams.

Tomorrow we are celebrating in style some milestones
1. Mumma (aka Mum) is having a birthday. Because I am terrible with numbers I have no idea how old she is. I have just made a batch of apple custard cupcakes in which we will mount an indiscriminate amount of candles and sing through many verses of the happy birthday song. We will also indulge in an entree of Nachos (Yep classy I know) because Mum loves them!
2. Pobj is celebrating tomorrow also although he doesn't turn 39 until a few days later. For him I have baked some rocky road cup cakes. He may also get a few candles and a few verses. For Brenton's part of the meal we are having a lamb roast for main. Cupcakes cover the dessert and snacks are crackers and cheese.......and some lollies for those aunties that think my children don't eat them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Trinny- love the pict. Thanks for being a great daughter to Mums nice none of us are there and your musings have made me want to cry, thanks i think?! Have a wonderful party meal. I love you loads xxx

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

I love knowing what's going on in the lives of my sisters. Thankyou so much for playing along wonderful girls. And enjoy your dinner tomorrow night, I'm drooling from over here.