Monday 10 March 2008

Food, Photos and Farewells

I'm just about to head off and make apple gebak with Martin, a guy from church.  I've lost the recipe that I used at Christmas time so I'm hoping this one from The Baker and The Curry Maker stands up to Martin's inspection.

It's been a great and full weekend with Andrew home.  We spent time chilling out at the library with coffee, hot chocolate and house magazines.  I only look at the pictures in the house magazines as they are in Dutch, it means I get through a lot of magazines and get lots of inspiration.  The rugby was on in the afternoon so we invited an English friend over.  Andrew was happy because Wales won, and I was happy because Scotland won.  We transferred our regular Friday night burgers to Saturday as this was the last time Sam would be able to make it for our world-famous burgers.  Sam left and Andrew mentioned something about long hellos and short goodbyes.  It's always sad to be saying goodbye to good friends.

Andrew brought me home lots of goodies from Turkey and this was one of them:
I love Andrew's photos.  This was taken from the shuttle bus that took him from the hotel to work everyday.

Sunday was busy, but the afternoon was spent eating.  And boy do I mean eating.  We joined Romy, Ben, Rebecca and Nafta for a hotpot at Romy's.  I've never eaten so much!  And what a great, social way to eat together.
It was a beautiful but busy weekend.  And we've hit the ground running.  It's soup tonight, and some serious chilling out.

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Love the photo's.
thanks for sharing your weekend.
love trin