Saturday 1 March 2008

Encouraging the Elders

Sometimes the youngest child in a family needs to stir the pot and get things moving.  So here comes a little stirring.  I'm hoping that my three older sisters will join me in entering the big, bad world of the blog.  Although as Trin, my eldest sister, refers to herself as a luddite I may have a fight on my hands.  We're scattered all over the globe.  I'm posting from The Netherlands, closer to Kati in Ireland but a world away from Triniti in Australia and Linli in New Zealand.  Hopefully the Four Sisters blog will make it possible for us to share a little peek into each others lives now and then.  Here's my peek: old uni study notes do come in handy for some things.  Mine are currently lodged against the doors at the front of our apartment.  The doors have a habit of swinging open by themselves so last night when Andrew (husband) and I were woken by a thumping storm we dragged out my notes and they are now being put to good use to keep the doors shut and the crazy weather out.  I think the Dutch practicality and thriftiness is rubbing off on us!




No comments: