Saturday 22 March 2008

Midnight Postings

I was meant to be getting an early night but family called.  Or I called family.  And it's just exquisitely delicious to spend time chewing the fat with them, I can always sleep later.

These are beautiful red tulips that Andrew brought home for me.  The picture of the tulips in the background was a wedding gift from an AMAZING friend in Canada.
The tulips are to keep me company while Andrew is away.  So far they're doing a good job keeping me cheery with their bobbing red faces.  
I'm not sure that they'll keep me warm in bed though.  And perhaps I should have taken them with me to the train station when I saw Andrew off this morning.  I always try and be brave as I send my man off.  But I usually fail miserably and try as I might, the tears still come.

This photo shows a trick told to me by a friend.  Apparently a copper coin at the bottom of the vase stops the tulips from bending over.  Seems to be working at the moment.  I love all those little tricks that grandma's use, like white bread for erasers and vinegar for shower heads.
Andrew has the camera, so it's laptop photos again.  Today's weather would have been fun to capture on film.  It rained, hailed, snowed and sunshined.  I think we corner the market in the whole 'four seasons in one day' thing.

I'm trying to essay a lot while Andrew is away.  But I succumbed to the tv this afternoon and hung out on the couch for a LONG time.  It was great.  But I have been essaying tonight to make up for it.  And then I was supposed to have an early night so I could get up early and work, but that's happily gone out the window!

And just for fun, here's some pics of when Andrew was first in Oz and stayed at Trin and Brenton's.
Kenz and Brenton, both looking their best!
And Fireman Connor has obviously been out fighting fires, that's how he got the wet patch on his front.

No comments: