Wednesday 7 May 2008

Bed and Breakfast/Dinner

I've dragged myself out of bed once a day in the last week.  I know most people do that daily, but I've only dragged myself out for a few hours before crawling back in and sleeping the rest of the sunshiney days away.  I've had the dreaded lurgy and it's kept me bed-bound most of the time, but not all the time.
We've had a friend staying from Germany.  
We met Edel about 7 years ago when we were all living in London, young impressionable teenagers that we were.  It was so great to see her, even for those few times I was out of bed.
  One evening we went over to our friends and had tapas on their balcony.  As usual there was far too much food but it was so fun picking bits and pieces to munch on.  It was divine in the sunshine, even with me hacking and coughing and sneezing all over the place.  Mmmm, nice.
Another evening we wandered down to the canal for a German meal.  We had to suck the white sauasages from their skin and eat them with sweet mustard and freshly-baked soft pretzels.  Edel comes for the Bavarian part of Germany and this is traditional fare.  It was GOOD, although it was a pretty strange way to eat sausages.

Edel left last night and I'm taking today easy.  Andrew brought the laptop to me in bed and I'm hoping to get some uni work done in between some serious napping.  It's the life I tell you!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

the tapis looks amazing great idea
there is a tapis restaurant just opened up in the old theatre in Kings street. saving up to go there.
By the way we have done a report on paper of the cafe. I will eventually get to type it up and send to you. Your money was not just swindled out of you and spent mindlessly, although the cafe was dodge!!!!!!

Kt Mac said...

yes yes tapas looked amazing pity your sick the weather is amazing! hope you stop sneezcoughspluping soon xxx