Sunday 11 May 2008

My List of 26

On my birthday Trin suggested that I make a list of 26 things to do before I turn 27.  So today, I hung my legs over the edge of the canal and made my list.  Nothing world or life changing but just little things I want to do.  I got stuck for awhile at number 19 but here is my list:
  1. Swim in Holland (brr-cold, and eeew-icky water)
  2. Have ice cream from the shop near Hema (there's always a queue of people buying ice cream, even in winter)
  3. Make a travel bag
  4. Sell something on ebay
  5. Watch Casablanca
  6. Watch Gone with the Wind
  7. Read Pilgrim's Progress
  8. Cook Rebecca's mum's apple gebak (great Dutch apple cake)
  9. Ride to Nambucca (from Scotts Head along the beach at low tide)
  10. Get new glasses
  11. Go to Alkmaar cheese markets
  12. Grow something (anything)
  13. Cycle a bakfiets
  14. Do the pedal boat thing in Amsterdam
  15. Drink organic milk near Broek in Waterland
  16. Learn some embroidery stitches
  17. Post a video blog
  18. Go to the Anne Frank House
  19. Make a Dutch meal (e.g. stempot - a mashed potato thingy)
  20. Eat at the Taco Shack
  21. Buy pinking shears and use them
  22. Go to the antique shop on Nieuwe Spiegel Straat (New Mirror Street)
  23. Make a piece of child's clothing (have a French magazine with very cute little girls tops)
  24. Make 18 hour bread
  25. Read Pigs Might Fly
  26. Make a new Christmas ornament
No particular order, just 26 things to do in less than a year.

3 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Is that not the craziest list. You are on the other side of the world and yet some of our things are the same!
I got Gone With the Wind out from the library just before I left!
Sisters have this amazing connection. Bizarre!
Love You.

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

That's so cool! Maybe we can do some of them together when I'm in Oz at Christmas. Hope NZ is cool.
Cxx

Kt Mac said...

Like the idea Trin. And very cool and relaxed realistic list Cal XXX