Saturday 17 May 2008

Number Three

Andrew and I had a hot date at IKEA on Wednesday night.  We gorged ourselves on hotdogs and ice cream and I snagged this awesome fabric to make my travel bag, number 3 on my list of 26 things to do before I turn 27.  I've cut and snipped and threaded and pinned and sewed throughout the week and here is my little beauty.  It's not quite finished as I want to add some padding/strength to the handles and I need to buy some more webbing to make an over-the-shoulder strap.  But it's useable as it is, I just need somewhere to travel now.  I used the tutorial for the funky travel bag off Craftster.  But I spiced it up a little with an inside pocket and an outside pocket with a zip.  (Take note of my handsome assistant who had just crawled out of bed.)  This was my first-ever zip attempt and of course I had to start tricky, but I'm majorly proud of the end results, huzzah!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

this is toooooo fantastic for words. You are amazing. I totally want to make one now - but yours is the awesomest! I love the fabric. you are a great sewer. the zips loook very good. well done you. 10/10
ishes trin

Kt Mac said...

ditto all trin said- You only said you didn;t really know how to sew when I was over there- now look at you!!!! Fabric is awesome mad and it is a perfect Ryanair size!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxx