Tuesday 24 February 2009

Multiples

I like things in more than ones.  I like wearing 3 shirts at one time.  Skirts over jeans.  Peanut butter, banana and honey on toast.  One book to read in the toilet and one by my bed.  A hanky in my trousers pocket, my coat pocket, and one in my bag.  A bouquet of flowers broken up into smaller ones scattered through the house.  I like variety, mixing and matching, putting chocolate and nuts in at the same time.  But sometimes, sometimes it's the simple things that fit best.  Like ham on fresh bread with a glass of milk.  A bowl of pasta and pesto.  A floaty summer dress with sandals.  An afternoon spent doing nothing but cosying up with my husband on the couch, not doing anything but watching tv, no making, no cleaning, no nothing.  Sometimes, things are best when they're left alone, uncluttered and simple.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Here here. Beautifully put. Now I want nothing more than to sit with Pobj, Connor and Kenz and read a book! Shame that i have 1000000000000 things to fit into my day plus a sick little boy!
That bite is massive!
Enjoy your simple days before uni starts.

Kt Mac said...

I am slowly learning that simple is best!