Thursday 26 February 2009

Wednesday is Hump Day

What does a girl do when the kitchen looks like this, and this is representative of most of the rest of the house?  She goes to the free classical lunchtime concert at the Concertgebouw of course.  And gets there 47 minutes early.  But getting there early is required I've learnt over the last few weeks.  It's like trying to get into some mad rock concert.  Every person over the age of 70 (and a few below) in Amsterdam lines up, pushing and shoving to get to the front of the queue, to stand nose to grate with the fence that holds us all back until opening time (at the zoo).  When the gates open it's a free for all.  Only the first in get seats, and it doesn't even require you to be best dressed.  I've had luck the last three weeks, and a few extra minutes up my sleeve.  Here's hoping my luck will continue.  Onto other things, I had to whip up a late little birthday present (late because of visitors/uni starting/my slackness, little because postage is a killer).  These littlies were easy-peasy lemon-squeezy.  All you do is cut 3 circles from satiny ribbon (I used a small roll of sticky tape, a film container and a 1 euro coin for my circles) and singe the edges with a candle, sew them together with a bead in the middle and sew them onto either a hair elastic or a hair clip.  See, I said it was easy-peasy.  If anyone is interested, the red one is up for grabs.  I have no hair to put it in at the moment, just let me know if you want it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're so cute! and it sounds easy...but maybe only for the clever!
Really, i have the elastics...but not the talent. I am sure one of your sweet neices will put their hand up mighty fast, or their Mum will :)

Kt Mac said...

I SAY send it to anonymous. And I can't as I have not a little hair but NONE!!! It looks like I need to come and wash your dishes like normal!! Nake sure you fight for a seat the old dutch are pretty fit and frightning! xx

Anonymous said...

love you Kt xx