Thursday 5 February 2009

Noah, Febo and Icecream

Dani and I have been schmmozing around, terrorizing the inhabitants of Amsterdam over the last few days.  Most mornings we drag ourselves out of bed at some insanely late hour, and when we're all showered, powdered and rugged up we head out into the big freeze.  After a few hours of adventuring we head home and amuse ourselves inside where it's warm and cosy.  

Here is a little photo montage of our week so far:

*Visiting Noah's ark-a 1/2 size replica that's anchored in Amsterdam for the next week


*Entertaining ourselves one afternoon by doing a temporary art installation on post-it notes on the back of the kitchen door

*Amsterdam ice cream, so good it's even eatable in Winter

*Febo, it just has to be done when one is in Amsterdam (and I've now found one that I like: kipcorn, like a giant chicken chipee)

*Three cheers for cool snacks from the Chinese supermarket-sunripened bananas, oh so good
*An exhibition of covers by Dick Bruna (of Miffy fame, although she's called Nintje here-Dutch for 'Little Rabbit' I think)
We've also baked, wandered around the markets, had paper airplane wars, introduced new music to each other (thank goodness for Youtube), and tried on shoes.  A good few days me thinks.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Very cool.
I want to be there too.
Noah'sArk is insane!

Kt Mac said...

Yer here here trinny I want to be Noah... woops I mean I want to see Noah's ark! Sounds like a hoot only problem is I am not there and there is a hole in my Australia now (sorry Danni not you- Calli Mac Andy! )