Wednesday 4 March 2009

After a Shaky Start

School starting for Kenzi has been somewhat shaky. She doesn't fit the box. She learns differently. She is different. And I like it that way....but it has been difficult, for me especially seeing her struggle with some things. We will reassess at the end of the year and see if we need to look at an alternative.
However, today she ran out of the classroom and said, "Mummy, I can read!" and "I have homework." She was so excited. It was so exciting. And so here she is...warts and all...reader extraordinaire..the girl that doesn't fit the box, but learns anyway.

4 comments:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Kenzi-Kenzi-Kenzi, you are so clever!!

Trinny, I'm already planning on how to home school and Montessori and Steiner stuff is so inspiring. I think my cart is definitely before the horse in this case!!!

So, you have my full vote of confidence that you will do amazing stuff for Kenzi no matter what you decide.

Linny said...

I say - give her a little longer! She has only just started school and everyone learns differently...she only just got there in January...give her a chance! Maybe she is just a slow learner like me!

Anonymous said...

I say that's beautiful reading Kenzi and you should be very proud of yourself!

I can't wait til you come over to play at my house and we can look at some books together.

rohan x

Kt Mac said...

Kenzi can read!!!! I think that needs to go on the wall of achievement!! And maybe we need to have a Kenzi can read and Connor has a cricket helmet celebration!!! Linli was a slow learner (you were a slow learner???) So what was I then?? A not learner, a dumb dumb, a retard???!!!