Friday 20 March 2009

Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday

Friday is the day in which I get nothing and lots done.  Andrew works from home on Fridays and somehow that gives me the idea that it's the weekend, that uni is done for the week.  Unfortunately this is generally not true, so to find some middle ground I make myself a little schedule with some uni work and other stuff interspersed throughout it.  

Today my other stuff included housework, painting, shower (otherwise I forget and find myself still in my pj's at dinner), making labels, taking photos and hopefully a little sewing (I have the most FABULOUS new sewing desk but I forgot to take photos so that will have to be another post).  Just to keep going on my Queen's Day theme (my posts are getting a little repetitious right??) here's my latest batch of stuff.  
Some antlered-girls with leaf necklaces.  
On-the-go nappy bags (made by Rebecca and me last week).  
Crayon rolls with paper and stickers.  
Pencil rolls (with only 11 pencils cause I measured wrong and didn't have room for the 12th pencil!  I now have 5 dark brown pencils floating around the house).  

And last nights endeavour, little sacky pouches.  These are probably one of my fav things I've made.  They're a concoction of my travels.  The fabric is trousers from the fabric market in Noordermarkt, as well as the leather buttons.  The ribbons are from a shop in Amsterdam (the green one is more of an aqua colour in real life).  The doilies are from Australia and the metal buttons are from French army tunics, although I bought them at Portobello Road Market  years ago.  

Isn't it weird that I can say 'years ago' about the first time I lived in London?  Six or seven years can be 'years ago' right?  The labels-I made 'em.  I finally tracked down some print and iron paper at Office Works in Australia and it has been bringing me endless joy.  So, bits from all over the world.  A journey in a bag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cal

you continue to inspire and amaze me! i just say wow over and over.

today britt and i visited 2 babies who only came into the world 26 hours and 14 hours ago....that was wow too.

bring on Queens Day!

Kt Mac said...

we are not artistic how are you doing them girls??? Theya re all awesome the journey in a bag is amazing and it is all so jealous-fying. I have time but no gumption!! xxx

Anonymous said...

YOu are so inspiring. I am going to set aside time each day to create. I need to create.
Your beautiful presentation and labels are so professional. When you coming home to set up shop?
Very very clever Calico.
I love the Strawberry Jan.
I love the doily's.
I love it all.
Love Trin

Anonymous said...

They are AWESOME!
im so impressed.
I wanna see photos of your new sewing table! you mentioned in the post that you had one and im curious. lol.
hows our little set of shelves going? still green??
i miss you.
Xx.