Tuesday 3 March 2009

Stockpiling

It's less than two months til Queens Day and I'm madly making bunnies and bears.  Actually, I've finished making all the bunnies and bears and I'm thinking about my next crafty endeavour.  I love that these little guys are made from new fabric, fabric out of Mum's big trunk, fabric left over from our Christmas stockings, a cut up fluffy koala, a belt, a tea towel, two skirts, a tablecloth and a cushion.  They're mix and match in the best way possible!

My aim is to make enough money to pre-order Soule Mama's new book (out in August).  When Andrew asked me how much it was he laughed, my grand aim is to make US$12.89.  There's nothing like aiming for the stars.

PS Did you guys realise that the blog is now 1 year old?  Seriously, that's so crazy I think we may need a blog birthday cake!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Oh Cal, These are beautiful and ugly all at the same time. You are doing so well with your stockpiling. I am sure you could pre-order the book - how exciting that she has another book coming out. How does she do it? And a relatively new baby! A super woman.
Keep posting your creations. I love being inspired by them.
Love Trin

Kt Mac said...

Ha ha ha Trinny called them ugly!!! Beautiful but she also said Ugly!!! I think they rock and I think you're super creative. If I had to chose I would be greedy and take the black and red bunny wunny and the green bear with the blue nose! Cool-o.