Thursday 14 August 2008

the creative family


I love this book.
It says everything that I believe or want to do in such an easy reading style. I am inhaling it at the moment. Every parent should have a copy. Pobj is reading it next. He has been impressed by some of the things that I have read out to him.
I especially loved what Amanda had to say about imaginary friends. I read that chapter after we had cooked some fairy cakes, hidden some biscuits wrapped in silver, made a stuffed toy and generally set up for Lucy's birthday party. Lucy is Kenzi's imaginary friend. She tells everyone that she is her imaginary friend from a land called Narnia. Recently Lucy's baby sister Esmeralda died and Lucy was sad in her heart, but knew that Esmeralda was with God. This was Kenzi working out a conversation I had had with a friend of mine who had a miscarriage. Children's minds are so amazing!
Connor has a mini Olympic day tomorrow. He is China. I am sewing some red shorts for him tonight. Wish my camera was fixed for it.
Three posts in one day!!! Hopefully this makes up for my lack of communication. However, quite frankly how can I compete with all the gallivanting, crafting and new babies. Oh well, you just have to hear about the ho hum of life in Oz. Not complaining, just hope these are not boring!

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

No, no, no, definitely not boring. I love your posts, I love the little glimpses into your every day life which are SO precious, I love you guys.