Thursday 28 August 2008

These Are...

The things I love.  Because when you're in a different place and all you want to do is curl up in bed and let your crazy spinning head just slow down for a little bit you have to look for the good things in life like...
Stolen breakfast knives to spread vegemite on crackers for morning snacks.
Air Canada flight socks that keep your tootsies warm in a chilly hotel room, kinda duck-like don't you think?
A corner jammed with yummies, some from Amsterdam, some from the shop around the corner, and quite a few from the breakfast bar.  And an awesome green thermos from an awesome not-green sister (I'm still working up the guts to take it to breakfast and fill it with hot chocolate!).
A little buzzing heater to counteract the too-chilly air conditioning (so much for the eco-friendly claims of this hotel!).
And a little patch of sky that I can see if I lean to the right and poke my head next to the window.

But most of all, I love you, all the blog readers.  My family, my friends, all the ones who make me happier and warmer than stolen knives, flight socks, snacks, heaters and patches of sky.

No comments: