Friday 8 August 2008

Sewing It Up

Getting back into the swing of studying isn't the easiest after 5 weeks of rambling about all over the place.  So yesterday I set myself some goals.  I made lists.  Lists are my saviour.  And I promised myself that if I finished everything on my lists I could do something I wanted to do.  So I finished them, and then I sewed.  My first foray into the joys of elastic cotton and shirring.  Here's my creation, in all it's different forms.
Easy-peasy lemon-squeezy. This is instant gratification sewing.  I feel a little hippyish, but those guys seem to have all the fun, so why not join them!

4 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

This looks great. I love the fabric. How easy was the sherring? I am sewing up kenzi's summer wardrobe at the moment - thought I would start now as I didn't get her winter one done at all (sewing a bigger overcoat for next winter!)
By the way - is it not summer over there? You have furry boots and a skivvy on, or was it night?
Well done on finishing a list. The only lists I ever finish are my shopping lists. I think I aim to high. Like today my list was tile kitchen, paint sewing room, sew dress for a wedding. Instead I went to Connor's chapel, had a milkshake with Kenz, went to the libray with Kenz, read all the fairy books in the world with Kenz. Sometimes lists are not meant to get done. I had fun.
Hope the study goes well and you have an extra big burst of enthusiasm.
Love Trin

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Ooh, I like the sound of your non-list. Looks like Kenz won out.

Shirring is mega easy, there's a tutorial on portabellopixie (one of the blogs in the side bar). And it's good old IKEA fabric, yay for IKEA. You can make really cute little girls dresses with it, i think there's cute ones on Craftster.

Good luck with your list! Maybe it could be a 'Get done by the end of the year or possibly decade' list.
xx

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Yuh, it is summer but the weather is manic at the moment. I was trying the outfit to see if I could use it for winter as well, hence the skivvy (I used to think they were soooo daggy but if they work who am I to turn up my nose!). During the day I was wearing a skirt and singlet top and as it got cooler the boots came out. 4 seasons in one day, that pretty much explains Amsterdam.
xx

Kt Mac said...

Looks great calo- I am conputer and sewi8ng free at present and it is kiiling me!!! xxx