Monday 25 August 2008

Heydo

Yep, this is me checking in from Gothenburg, Sweden.  We can't seem to get enough of this country.  It wasn't that long ago we were here for Frida's wedding, and now we're back for Andrew's work.  It's great coming back, we were here a year ago and I spent 2 weeks traipsing around the city stumbling across lots of great little things.  Now I get to do it all again, and blog about it, yay!  Although there's a whole line of uni assignments to be done, so I'll have to buckle down  every now and then, lock myself in the room, and not let myself out until they're done.
Andrew said I had to post.  And because I'm a dutiful wife I am.  He said I had to post about me being a hotel wrecker.  And he's kinda right.  We're staying in the Scandic Europa.  It's really cool because they've been renovating the rooms and they're making them something like 90% recyclable.  We were in one last year and we've got an identical one again this year, although it's looking out over the front of the hotel this time.  Here's what it looks like, our's is just flipped the other way:
Oh, and about the hotel wrecking.  My bag weighs a serious ton because of my uni books.  I was slinging it up the stairs to get to our room and I took out one of the stair lights with it, in front of the whole lobby.  Oops.  Then on our way back from dinner I decided that I needed to know if the VERY LARGE ceramic balls on the side of the stairs were stuck down.  They're not.  Thankfully the one I gave a shove to didn't end up shattered at the bottom of the stairs.  We'll save the serious hotel wrecking behaviour for just before we leave.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Wow. The rooms look amazing.
Have a great time exploring. Mum, Kenz and I are off tomorrow to explore new op shops in Islington, I found 3 new ones!
Love Trin

Kt Mac said...

youmay have to go back there go easy!! Jealous I can't be there! XXX Sweden is better than Denmark! I got a job offer.... I turned it down... For now!!!