Friday 8 August 2008

Tick, Tick

Numbers 11 and 18 of my list of 26 got ticked off while Mum and Kati were here.  
Early one Friday morning we headed up north to the Alkmaar cheese markets.  
The crowds were thick but we eventually made it to the fence to watch the action of the cheese being shuffled around by men in funny hats.  The Dutch sure are an interesting bunch.  
After this we stocked up on poffertjes (little pikelet things) and wandered around the town.  
Kati was intent on going to see the street performers, good idea Kati Mac, these girls were fab!  

Then to finish off our adventure Kati had a go in Het Concert Des Levens (The Concert of The Lives) by the Odd Enjinears.  
I'm guessing that Kati will post about this one eventually so I'll just put up a little picture.  

Before Mum left Amsterdam we headed to the Anne Frank House, number 18 on my list.  
No photos were allowed in the Museum so I stole this one and a few other ones that are so blurry and dark I have no idea what they are.  
It's an interesting visit, and the people who helped them out are totally inspiring.  I always wonder what I would have done if I had been around then.

I thought I was flying through my list but I just counted it up and I have 17 to go.  Here's hoping I'm done by April 26 2009!

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

You did not tell me about getting caught in the middle of the dancing girls!