Friday 14 November 2008

A poem and a pretty picture for the exam girl!


The pretty pictures are the work of this clever person.

Even though this is not your last exam I liked the sentiments in this poem called Last Exam.

Pages flutter from texts and notes,

As I pore over them in the early morn

Clinging on to the faintest hope

That there might still be something I can learn

Cup after cup of coffee I down,

As the stained rims on the table increase,

No sleep for me, nor can I lounge

Until I am awake from this nightmarish dream.

The time dawns slowly and surely for me

To reluctantly enter the dreaded hall,

The point being as far as I can see,

To clear the paper, once and for all.

Never again shall I glance

At the despised pages of baffling intent,

Never again shall I let it chance,

To look upon those theories potent.

The precious hours slip by

And around me the scratching of pens

Become more furious as a sigh

Escapes from tired mouths now and then.

With depressing regularity the seconds tick on,

Until finally I have exhausted my knowledge on paper,

With agonizing slowness the invigilator floats on,

Indifferent to my beckoning eyes and heart’s caper.

It is over! Done with! At last;

For life and for the last time;

The open door I slip through fast

And whoop with joy that I had done fine.

As I rush on to the street

My heart surging with ecstasy

I rejoice that I might never meet

Those confounded books which bewilder me.

Deblina Mittra

I hope that you were able to whoop with joy when you finished your exam because you know you did fine!

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Aaw, thanks Trin! I can't wait for the day of my very last exam, even my 11th last exam will be a good day (that's Monday), although it's tiring to think that I've still got another 10 to go. Ugh.
Cxx