Sunday 9 November 2008

Small Things

I am going to do a BIG birthday post for Connor's party when we get the photo's from a fabulous Mum who came. She became our official birthday photographer - lovely lady!
Just 1 little snippet though. I am often troubled by the 'I want more...I want bigger and better' in the things that I see and hear and indeed do myself sometimes, but yesterday amidst the business and craziness of 21 kids, pinuata's, treasure hunts, painting and pool games there was a moment when I stopped and thought that kids are just kids and they don't need a lot to make them happy. It was after the treasure hunt and we had driven them to McDonald's for a 30cent soft serve. One little man came up to me and said "Triniti, this is the best party ever! You have gone to so much expense. I can't believe you bought us all a soft serve!" A thirty cent soft serve and this little man was extremely chuffed! The rest of the party for me was about just letting the kids be kids and watching my little man, with a smile from ear-to-ear, enjoying his mates and the farm and all that is good about being 8!These were the kids take home bage with the goodies. Each one with their favourite Mr Men or Little miss according to what they replied with in their invitation.

2 comments:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Oooh, I can't wait for the big post, I'm so excited! But this post is pretty cool too, I can't believe you did all that stuff, WOW.
Cxx

Kt Mac said...

WOW, you rock and it would have been my fave party ever also! You rock as a mummy and your kids are so lucky and blessed. Happy 8th Connor (oh so old stop till I get home please!) xxx