Sunday 6 April 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

I followed Andrew to Turkey for some sunshine but I brought the Amsterdam weather with me. At least now I have an excuse to curl up in bed with a good book and get some serious down time.

Because I can't put photos up at the moment I'll keep Turkey Tales for when I get home. So now, I'm going to tell you four things about my sisters.

ONE. They're uniquely creative. I love that we've all inherited both our mum's and dad's creative streaks, but all in different ways. Kati can throw any old clothes together and look incredible. Linli can craft anything in all sorts of ways. And Trin is a very funky sewer. All three are great at a range of creative things, I've just picked one.

TWO. They're amazing cooks. Again, we can all cook, but we all do it differently. Linli makes good, filling food - the kind of meal you want to come home to at the end of a long day's work. Trin can make fancy, yummy stuff, and it looks so pretty. And Kati brings her creativity into her cooking, you never know what you're going to get but you can bet that it will be different and good.

THREE. They're caring. All three of my sisters care. And not in an airy-fairy way which is nice to think about but not great in practice. They are happy to get dirty and put their grunt work into it. It's inspiring.

FOUR. They're adventurous. No matter the environment, whether it's somewhere we've been for ages or somewhere new, they get out and do stuff and explore. Everything can be an adventure if you have the right attitude!

Yup, my sisters are great.

No comments: