Sunday 27 April 2008

Hip-hip...

Hooray!  My birthday isn't quite over yet, we've got another amazing day planned for today.  It's more of a birthweekend rather than just a day, I like that!  But here's a little peek of my birthday-day yesterday.
Hot chocolate and presents delivered in bed.  Together with a beautiful bird of paradise (reminded me of Mum's that she used to grow by the front door).
My groovy birthday card handcrafted by my even groovier husband.
The chaos after.
Dr Seuss's Happy Birthday to You book reading.  A tradition in the Worthing-Macdonald house, to be read on everyone's birthday with especially loud shoutings of 
'I AM I!  
ME!  
I am I!  
And I may not know why  
But I know that I like it.  
Three cheers! I AM I!'
I really do wonder what our upstairs, downstairs and nextdoor-on-both-sides neighbours think of us sometimes.
Breakfast at the farmers market.  Sundried tomato, goats cheese and pine nut muffins and goats cheese and red onion tartlets.  Wow.
Then beading in the afternoon at Floor's bachelorette party, celebrated mainly in Dutch, Floor said I was very brave to go along!!  And this was my Floor-inspired artwork that we were asked to prepare for her (she had blonde hair the last time I saw her!).  I'll get a photo of the necklace I made later.
Sunshiney walks, present perusing then my requested frozen pizza and garlic bread dinner, eaten with the doors open on the floor.
And my surprise dessert eaten watching Dr Who.  Mmm.  Banana splits.
All ended with a drink of water from the Birthday Tumbler.

It was a beautiful day.  Thankyou everyone for all birthday messages, naked and non-naked.
And in the words of Dr Suess, this is how my day ended:
When it ends,
You're much happier,
Richer and fatter.
And the Bird flies you home
On a very soft platter.

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Hope your platter was very soft.
Sounds like an amazing day for someone very deserving of only the best and most wonderful things in life. (Yes I include a butt naked photo of KT in that best and wonderful category)
Love Trin