Wednesday 2 April 2008

April Fool's Celebrations

I've had a great first wedding anniversary!  Lots of phone calls with Andrew, being serenaded from the canal and wonderful boat lunches!

I had lunch with my Aussie next-door neighbours who arrived in Amsterdam this morning, the last port of call on their cruise down the Rhine.  They arranged for me to have lunch with them on the boat, and quite a lunch it was.  It was also fun being wished happy anniversary by the numerous people on the boat that had been told about our wedding, I felt like a minor celebrity.  It was wonderful to see the Palmers, a little piece of home washed up on my foreign shores.  And this funky boat went past twice today with two guys playing on it.  One had a clarinet and the other had an accordion, it was so fun!  I loved the wake they left as they trailed past.
All in all, a wonderful first anniversary, even if it had to be celebrated in separate countries.

No comments: