Monday 21 April 2008

Life as Usual

Things are busy in the little house on the Brouwersgracht.  We've got Queens Day coming up next week and we decided that we couldn't leave Holland without having participated in the craziest, coolest and most manic Dutch celebration.  We're setting up a stall to sell things, the taxation laws are relaxed on the 30th April and Amsterdam becomes the world's largest flea market with everyone selling everything and anything on the streets.  It's awesome!  I'm making bits and pieces to sell, here are some hairbands that we're selling.
And this is a picture of my bike outside the grocery store this morning, with most of the week's shopping in or on it and a little stool thing that I found for Andrew to sit on at our Queens Day stall (he's selling, I'm buying).  It still continues to amaze me the amount that a bike can carry.
Trying to madly get an assignment done and craft stuff and housework along with having a guest and babysitting.  The cup is full and overflowing!

1 comment:

Kt Mac said...

WOW they are soooo cute! Do you know if you can fly with underneath bag with aerlingus for free??? I will have to check and if I can I will bring LOTS!!!! I've spent rest of day in bed. I feel real bad-nurses always think the worse, I think I have glandular fever!!!!! )A patient I never worked with or went near had it on a ward I went too!!!!) Freezing but temp of about 40oC I reckon!! xx