Wednesday 16 April 2008

A Little Patch of Soil

I love this book.  I got it when Andrew and I went to England for the weekend and spent a good afternoon browsing the cooking section in an old second hand bookshop.  It inspires me.  And I like things that inspire me at the moment.  Uni has become a bit of a drag so I have to find things to reward myself with if I get a certain amount of study done.  This is one of them.  I made the rosemary and potato pizza last night.  I didn't have most of the ingredients so it's not really the same, but it was good.  Maybe a little dry, but it had a really interesting taste.  

The book tells the story of a school in Melbourne that started a kitchen garden and cooking programme.  I dream of one day having a little patch of earth to grow some kitcheny-type things in.  We don't get any sunshine in our flat so those type of things don't last so long in our household.  We made a record the other day though, our basil plant lasted a week, and then I gave it to a friend because we were going away.  A week is pretty impressive though.

3 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

i love this book too.
i am inspired by you!
1 week is good. a green thumb - yah!
keep slogging - or else come home and start a small business - wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
love trin

Kt Mac said...

yes a small business called 4hermanas or Cre-Mac-ative or 4littlemacs or "Be Mac'ed" or Totally Lovin Kreative Craziness....

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Ha, cool names, except I didn't see the second 'c' in Cre-Mac-ative so thought it said something like Cremative. I thought that was a little extreme!

And a small business would be AWESOME.