Saturday 26 April 2008

Counting Sunbeams

I love stolen sunshiney moments.  They seem kinda few and far between at the moment.  Weather-wise and me-wise.  I think I've had enough cold weather for now and I'm not liking the fact that it's meant to be chillier again next week.  And raining.  But I'm looking for the sunbeams that break through every now and then, and there were some beautiful ones today.
This is the main one, because it sparked the rest.  Andrew and I cycled down to the floating flower market to buy me some birthday flowers.  I had to make myself scarce while he went and picked them because I wanted a surprise.  So he got these beautiful red tulips, with a dash of sunshine in them.  Perfect.  And there's one for each 6 months of my life, 50 in all.  Sunbeam number 1 for today.
I sat on a step under a tree and hung out with the pigeons while I was waiting.  I snapped a random picture of the tree over my shoulder and I didn't realise that I had captured a pigeon until I got home and downloaded the photos onto the computer.  That was sunbeam number 2.
This is sunbeam number 3.  It's a bike that we pass when we're cycling down the Single.  Isn't it crazily wonderful?!  I think the owner of this bike shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't match when she is old.
And my constant sunbeam, so he's number 4 and all the numbers in between.  One bag has my beautiful tulips in it, the other package is a special flower for my day of days tomorrow.  It's in a vase with the wrapping still on, ooh I love surprises.  Can't wait for the morning!

2 comments:

Kt Mac said...

COOL- the flowers and bike are amazing and stolen rays of sunshine or those moments are sooooo precious. uplifting and blessing-full!

Put on your leather jacket and then I will call and sing you happy birthday!!! Will give you your Aunty Mavis kisses and bone crunching hugs soon!! Happy Birthday you sexy, smashing super pants Calli!!! XXXXX

Triniti the Luddite said...

Oh Baby sister I wish I was there to decorate your bike like that for your special day.
50 tulips!! I am so jealous. They are magnificent.
I love hearing about your birthday traditions.
I hope you have a ripper of a day.
All my love and ishes and Aussie kisses
Trin