Saturday 19 April 2008

Not always rosey!!

People looking at our blog (the thought of others looking at our blog I find weird but however..) Others looking in must think we are all amazing and always happy happy joy joy....

Today I feel like this

Yes that's right a used abused deflated balloon...

If your reading this and your thinking about becoming anurse or 1 yr into your training- QUIT NOW!!!!!

Nursing is NOT worth it.

You do all you can and still walk away feeling like you haven't done enough and that feeling deflates you.
...... I'm deflated..... And I have to get up 6am tomorrow and do it all again.

The fact that I had some darling patients doesn't even help. The fact I got a whole tray of chocs after caring for a patient for 1/2 day didn't help. The fact that I will see tomorrow and a little one who isn't even three won;t see tomorrow makes me feel even worse about feeling sorry for myself that I am stressed and had a bad day.

One of my amazing sisters taught me a game one...

I am thankful for my health
I am thankful I have no diseases
I am thankful I can cycle
I am thankful for yummy foods
I am thankful for tears that help heal and free me
I am thankful for adventures and exciting new things
I am thankful I have made 28 years young!
I am thankful I know where I am going when I am taken away
I am thankful for my amazing family 'warts and all'
I am most thankful for my sisters and the one who makes me mad and happy but forcing me to
play the '10 things I am thankful for game!!!!


Still don;t any of you become nurses (and Linny never go back to it) xxx

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

you are amazing.

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Andrew had to crawl out of bed to come give me a hug cause I was crying. Poor boy, poor sister. But I'm glad you still give The Thankful Game a go. You don't have such a bad memory after all! And I think you're incredible.
C xx