Tuesday 15 April 2008

A mid-springs nite amble round my block!

Peru is on hold...

This was last night after 12.5hr day of nursing and I wanted to post it last night but at 24:00 i gave up so here you go....


I have this annoying ability that makes me sad- when I decide to leave somewhere (even if I have been unhappy there and really want to leave) I start to notice all the really amazing things about the place that I really don't like and start to feel sad and silly for wanting to run away from it.

I have really started to like Dublin, it grew on me slowly and I didn't even realise, just kinda crept up on me. As I was cycling home from work I was starting to get sentimental. I reach home and realised I needed to go for a walk to unwind and to 'stop the sadness'.

So this is the result...

Welcome to my street, to my flat, to some of Dublin's highlights.... I;m still coming home but I will cry to leave old dirty beautiful Dublin behind.





The view as I come out of our communal hall way (bit different from home!)




Opposite my flats is the old wall of Dublin city, my flats exist where the river use to run. There is a ghost tour that goes into the place at night one night I am going to sneak in as part
of the group and see what they say!!!


My block of flats I an number 15 in the middle at the top!











Starting with the methadone
clinic orange and major spikes
on the roof!! Then big catholic
church then behind white car
is my flats!




A cute full side street next to mine with a clack tower at the top.
I love twilight!











Cook Street my street, and just around the corner magnificent christchurch cathedral with the arch over the road... mmmmm I am lucky, blessed and amazed.







The lamps that remind me of Dublins
fine carriage and cobbled street days.
(I know Trin loves them!)








I love the fluffy seed
balls on these trees. So picture perfect!











By the Liffey, all in a nights stroll. The trees are still winter bare
but thinking of budding green and becoming alive again.











glass bottomed bridge... wow....
But does new compare with old?????




These sail things are huge and standing under them looking up makes
me feel like God looking down. So small and insignificant and fragile!

The posh food market is in this square. It's pretty and interesting.









I wondered purposefully to the posh organic and funky food supermarket. I was browsing and enjoying myself when I stumbled across this... (not very clear but) TRINITE Caribbean coffee!!! So delightful to be reminded of my precious sister on my walk of sadness!










"Hello Mr letterbox how do you do?"... "You are looking a little Irish tonight, you use to be red but now you are Green!"





Beautiful four courts, have no idea what they actually are but man they are pretty!





Very dark but who thought to out a little lite cross on top of a old period
house???!! So cute and strange and enchanting!








Proud to Live on this my lovely church, metho and old city wall surrounded street.










And home after a to a bowl of warm chunky floating bread soup on my knees sitting on my bed!

3 comments:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

I think that Dublin may be one of those places that silently grows on you and you don't notice until it's time to leave.

I think Amsterdam may be one of those places too, although I think the quirkiness you see as soon as you get here makes it a little more interesting than Dublin at first.

Figuring out what toys/clothes to make cause a Shell guy is taking them to an orphanage in Russia, YAY!!! They were just asking for second hand stuff but seeing as I don't have any of that I'm going to make some, and put a lot of LOVE into it.

C xx

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Woops, forgot to put that I loved the pics. Dublin is really nice if you search out the right bits.

xx

Triniti the Luddite said...

You have left a little bit of your heart in so many places all over the world!
It looks beautiful and your pics are so artfully taken!
I love the organic coffee. How funny.
Praying that God shows you what it is you need to be doing next in your great adventure - and I'm not praying selfishly either!!!!!
Be sad, but not too sad.
Love Trin